View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

When I was introduced to the sport of fly fishing, one of my first lessons was that of generosity astream. I learned it by way of my grandfather and "Doc," both men who gladly opened their fly boxes to a stranger when his own choice in flies wasn't getting the job done. It wasn't a "tit for tat" proposition. Rather, it just was the way things were done on the stream.

Today, I was reminded of that lesson, only it was in the "stream of life," rather than on the river. A fellow NAFFF member helped to put me $50 closer to the last $200 needed for "Sam's" marker, and that, my friends, is a debt that I can never fully repay. He knows who he is, and for all that he's done, I publicly thank him from the bottom of my heart.

And, if the fish gods are willing, I'll be able to peddle enough of my stuff to cover the last $150. To fall short is not an option... at least, not one that I easily can live with...

Jerry, aka hairwing530