View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:28 PM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

When I was introduced to the sport of fly fishing, one of my first lessons was that of generosity astream. I learned it by way of my grandfather and "Doc," both men who gladly opened their fly boxes to a stranger when his own choice in flies wasn't getting the job done. It wasn't a "tit for tat" proposition. Rather, it just was the way things were done on the stream.

Today, I was reminded of that lesson, only it was in the "stream of life," rather than on the river. A fellow NAFFF member helped to put me $50 closer to the last $200 needed for "Sam's" marker, and that, my friends, is a debt that I can never fully repay. He knows who he is, and for all that he's done, I publicly thank him from the bottom of my heart.

And, if the fish gods are willing, I'll be able to peddle enough of my stuff to cover the last $150. To fall short is not an option... at least, not one that I easily can live with...

Jerry, aka hairwing530