View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 03:56 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: When The Tables Turn...

Jerry, put the flies up for 'Action.' PM Ard, Colin, Larry on how to make this happen.

Let's make this WORK FOR EVERY BODY.

fae

My intro to the 2hander was via "Mr. Coles," an old Scot that worked at the same lumber mill as my Father in Ocean Falls, BC. Wood clinker built row boat with some sort of putt-putt out board motor to the mouth of the Bella Colla. Bags of supplies (Whisky for him/Dad??) and tarred (waxed?) canvas tent/tarps. God it could rain there, and not just showers but frickin' down pours.

These guys could find 'dry wood,' or at least build a fire with anything at hand. Fire starter? A flint and steel into fine steel wool. There was some sort of 'exceptional bond' between an age difference of 30 and 60, something. To a 10 - 12 year old. Wet to the core, freezing my butt and 'dry rubbed' with a wool towel and into blankets that had hot bricks around the edges.

Small fire going on under a large 'fly tarp' and dry/warm clothing for me/them the next morning.

Hadn't thought about that for close to 60 years.

fae

Last edited by fredaevans; 03-30-2013 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Add a long forgotten memory..