Thread: Tenkara Forum?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 09:36 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenkara Forum?

Well....I was kidding in all of my previous posts, at least for the most part. On a serious note, who is the target audience for Tenkara, and how much needs to be discussed? If it's beginners looking to try fly fishing, I think that would be a mistake. Fly fishing involves mechanics that are not present with a Tenkara type rod. It's similar to the image we have of Dame Juliana, but we wouldn't want people to think that Tenkara is fly fishing in the same way that we wouldn't recommend someone start using a scooter in preparation for riding road bikes (bicycles that is). We already do dapping with rods of all lengths, and I tie knotted leaders up to 14 feet. Combined with 6-pc rods, I don't see what Tenkara has to offer that we can't already do. It just seems like something from the past, at least to me. That's not to say you can't have fun with any sort of fishing, but that opens a whole can of worms. Roll casting for distance shoots line through guides, so I don't get that. I could see having a Tenkara topic anywhere on this forum, but can't see elevating it to a status that it might not deserve.

*I hope I haven't offended anyone. Just stating my true feelings about dapping with a telescopic rod.

Click the image to open in full size.