Thread: Tenkara Forum?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 10:28 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tenkara Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joni View Post

I can see with the DVD's and Classes why you call it marketing. I see both Tenkara AND Czech Nymphing as two styles that have been around for ever and FINALLY brought to the USA. So I see it more as new knowledge.
I have two friends that fish the USA team. Their instructor was Czech, so they were taught this style of fishing very heavy nymphs. They brought the knowledge back to the US and wanted to share it.
Anyway you color it, it is Fly Fishing and more and more people are sharing this new found style. Nothing wrong with sharing what we find.
This is a very tough pill for me to swallow... so there is a USA Fly-fishing Team... and they had no knowledge of fishing weighted nymphs on a slack leader, until their Czechoslovakian coach showed them? Not exactly conjuring up images of the Dream Team here.

Charles Brooks must be rolling over in his grave.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring