View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 10:55 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Lower Provo River, UT - 03/30/2013

Excellent Baetis hatch on the lower Provo today upstream of the tunnel. Low, clear water and bright skies made for some beautiful trout observations (feeding, rising, fighting). The wind was a bit of a pain as it was swirling in the canyon all afternoon, other than that... great day to get out and enjoy this great sport (and a LOT of people were doing just that).

Baetis started popping around 2:25p and lasted until after 4:00p (kind of sporadic, off - on - off - back on)... started out taking fish on a #18 BWO soft hackle and then switched over to a #18 olive Comparadun.

Nice, fat Rainbow was the first to come to the net this afternoon.
Click the image to open in full size.

Pretty fish today...

Just a gorgeous day to be out... they're holding back in the reservoirs though... I believe the flow was in the range of 90-100 CFS. This little pool/tailout was very productive.

Check out the white edges on this Brownie!
...and there he (or she) goes.

Tight lines!

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

Last edited by stenacron; 04-08-2013 at 03:52 PM.