View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Define a "Technical Rod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoscaPescador View Post
I might see it more as a marketing term.
Absolutely.

All rods have a grain window. In a single hand rod, that window is large and forgiving. In fact when it comes to single hand rods, most of this stuff is way overthought by the consumer, and a lot of it has been as the result of marketing. Some of this marketing I believe, is driving rods in a less than helpful way.

If we were not convinced we needed more and better rods in a rapidly evolving cycle, they would sell much less than they do. Look at the One. There were posts on here counting down till it came out that reminded me of Cartman and the Nintendo Wii. (Need to be a fan of South Park to get that one) There was a ton of hype and I am sure the sales were pretty hot and fast for a while. Now if you look around you can pick one up on ebay or elsewhere for half the cost, most saying like new or barely used. Even shops are trying to dump them. When the hype no longer works, they will discontinue it and come out with The Two, or some other marketing driven thing.