View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 06:55 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

Well spoken Jerry, well spoken.

When we're 'Young' some are given an over load of 'information' that we have zero idea how to absorb, in a useful sense.

Years later, and BANG ON!!

What kicked my brain was a 14 year old "Sea Scout" showing me how to sharpen a knife/blade. Kid could put a raz-edge on the things. I couldn't sharpen a stick.

40 ++ years later and 'I got it!!'

That was my every Thursday morning bit at the Sr. Food prep center. Tools out and sharpened them all. Walked around to 'my knife drawers' and pulled them out. Razor edges on all.

Took a few months, but folks would walk up and 'This is pretty dull, can you put an edge on it for me?' Couple of minutes later and you could 'shave' with the thing. Nothing more dangerous than a dull knife.

Just trust me on that observation.
fae