Thread: Tenkara Forum?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 08:56 AM

theboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond reputetheboz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenkara Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchmesir View Post
George Daniel... Author of Dynamic Nymphing mentioned that he nor the US team ever used these euro nymphing styles in competitions... Though year after year competitors from Poland, France, Spain, etc... were winning world competitions left and right...

Some of these euro styles are really out of the norm though for the traditional fly angler... using 25' leaders with no fly line off the reel... and casting with the weight of your fly... you'd make a fly purist head spin if you told him about this 20-30 years ago... I'm sure many of them said "that's not fly fishing"

Now it's always possible to know a technique but not know the name or know that it is named... I'm sure plenty of us have read books and gone "oh that's what that's called... I already do that"... There's probably no doubt that some US team members did tight line... but they didn't do it like the euro folks
Ive said this before but I cannot for the life of me understand how we lose at all in these competitions!With so many great fly guys in the U.S. we should be kicking butt!Maybe the team should do some recruiting.
Ill go as far to say there are probably guys on this forum who could do better!
"Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser