Thread: Tenkara Forum?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 AM

stenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant futurestenacron has a brilliant future
Default Re: Tenkara Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post

First of all, why all the rejection of Tenkara...
Not sure it's a rejection of Tenkara as much as it is a belief (by some) that it drills down into another layer of fishing. Like one poster already eluded to; why stop at Tenkara, why not a forum for; dry fly fishing, soft hackles, nymphing, hatches, reading the water, stillwater, tailwaters, spring creeks, and on-and-on.

This site has a ton of subcategories already. If one really needs to focus on a particular style, then there are specialized sites already taking it to that next level.

I'm not particularly interested Tenkara, but I don't totally reject it either... but I do see it as a specialized category - with advantages and limitations - that probably needs it's own subcategories (rods, flies, leaders, casting, etc.).

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring