Thread: Tenkara Forum?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 10:06 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tenkara Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post

First of all, why all the rejection of Tenkara...
Not sure it's a rejection of Tenkara as much as it is a belief (by some) that it drills down into another layer of fishing. Like one poster already eluded to; why stop at Tenkara, why not a forum for; dry fly fishing, soft hackles, nymphing, hatches, reading the water, stillwater, tailwaters, spring creeks, and on-and-on.

This site has a ton of subcategories already. If one really needs to focus on a particular style, then there are specialized sites already taking it to that next level.

I'm not particularly interested Tenkara, but I don't totally reject it either... but I do see it as a specialized category - with advantages and limitations - that probably needs it's own subcategories (rods, flies, leaders, casting, etc.).

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring