View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:11 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Peak Rotary Vise- Pedestal Base

Congratulations Walter. I've had my Peak for almost 5 years now and I've been very pleased with it. I have yet to need to contact them for Customer Service so that's untested for me but I have heard good thing. Stockard is a great place to order from, They have an excellent selection and great customer service. I love their monthly specials, special offers and the frequent tier program.

Since you mentioned that you tie down to 26, I'd highly recommend the midge jaws. I've used the standard jaws for anything from 1/0 down to 18 and they work just fine. When I'm cranking out flies for a trip or for my bud to use on an upcoming trip, I knock everything larger than 18 out of the way first, then switch to the midge jaws and tie 18's and smaller. The good thing about them is they also do a fine job from 12- 26. They will also work on 8's but you really have to be careful where to place the hook. I don't bother with anything smaller than 28

Enjoy the new vise!