Thread: Tenkara Forum?
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:12 PM

FrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond reputeFrankB2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tenkara Forum?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
If you get it out of your minds, that Tenkara style fishing if going to be able to do what you can do with your fly rod w/guides and reel, you need to think again. It's for a certain type of fishing. Minimalist. I can't use it effectively on the Green River, Henry's Fork, the Madison, but it will excel (where it's difficult with a regular fly rod) on mountain streams like our Uinta mountain streams, or smaller local streams where foliage is a problem.
Amazing how many of you feel threatened by it. You can post all you want by saying you don't feel threatened, but read your replies. Something you're not familiar with is sneaking up and slapping you in the back of the head and you don't like it.
The cane pole and crappie pole analogy is boring and beating a dead horse.
I challenge you guys (if you got the stones) and grab a crappie rod or your bamboo pole. Tie your string on it and at the end tie a fly on it. Fish that bad ass all day and then, FIND SOMEONE THAT HAS A TENKARA ROD, fish it for a day and tell me it's the same. It might not be you cup of tea but at least you tried it and can REALLY come back and post on your experience. If not, than just ignore Tenkara threads.
Can't get any simpler than ss how people spend the money that they work for.
I posted here before about visiting my son at Dover Air Force base, and forgetting my rod and reel. His house was near a bass pond, and they were popping everywhere! I did have my vest hanging on the back of the driver's seat, so I took my knife and found a slender branch. I cleaned off the little twigs, and tied one of my knotted 12 foot leaders to the end. My wife and son laughed until I began catching crappie and small LMB left and right. Then they began taking pictures. I posted one of those pictures a while back, but I was 70lbs heavier.

As far as a forum, I only look at about 6 of this site's many forums.......