Thread: Hooks
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 12:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hooks

It has been a long time............ perhaps 1980;

I was shuffling down the hallway past the doorway to my den headed to the kitchen for the ceremonial preparation of coffee. Before I was to reach the end of the hall my right foot sent pain & discomfort signals to the brain. To be more specific the big toe of the right foot was the point of the pain signals origination. I stopped, spoke an incantation of four letter words intermixed with a few longer curses and lifted the offending appendage for a quick exam and low & behold, a well tied Atlantic Salmon fly was quite embedded in the tip of the toe about 1/8" below the toe nail.

Problem was this was tied on an old style Jappened Mustad #2 standard salmon hook with barb, ouch! I got it out as you would remove one from a fish and can still recall the deep burgundy rivulet of toe blood that followed the extraction. I was happy that it had not been taken an 1/8" higher where it would have slid neatly under the toe nail but it still hurt. Ever since that morning I have been pretty careful about hooks.

Like I said, it's been a long time but honest to God I think it was a 'Dusty Miller'

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;