View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 PM

hairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud ofhairwing530 has much to be proud of
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

When I last posted this morning, I was in an upbeat and very positive place. The river walk had cleared my head, and the fact that my outstanding obligation on "Sam's" grave marker was within $130 reach had me feeling very blessed on this Easter Sunday.

My comfort level in that position changed a few moments ago, and all in the span of a five-minute phone call. One of the fishing cronies who'd made a promise of $250 toward "Sam's" project had to withdraw his offer, and I could literally feel his pain over the phone. He and his wife arrived home from church to find his truck literally destroyed-- tires slashed, windows and windshield broken out, and enough body work to keep a shop busy for the next month. The vandals also had taken a couple of his rods/reels from behind the seat, just for kicks, I guess.

The long and the short of it has raised by total funding needs to closer to $400 now. Yet, this turn of events is just one more twist in the road. I've been faced with challenges before, and the saints be praised, I'm still standing. And, I won't rest until I finish what I started, certainties notwithstanding. As Pliny the Elder once wrote... "In these matters, the only certainty is that there is nothing certain..."

I couldn't have put it better myself... Jerry, aka hairwing530