View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 02:21 PM

hairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to beholdhairwing530 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: When The Tables Turn...

When I last posted this morning, I was in an upbeat and very positive place. The river walk had cleared my head, and the fact that my outstanding obligation on "Sam's" grave marker was within $130 reach had me feeling very blessed on this Easter Sunday.

My comfort level in that position changed a few moments ago, and all in the span of a five-minute phone call. One of the fishing cronies who'd made a promise of $250 toward "Sam's" project had to withdraw his offer, and I could literally feel his pain over the phone. He and his wife arrived home from church to find his truck literally destroyed-- tires slashed, windows and windshield broken out, and enough body work to keep a shop busy for the next month. The vandals also had taken a couple of his rods/reels from behind the seat, just for kicks, I guess.

The long and the short of it has raised by total funding needs to closer to $400 now. Yet, this turn of events is just one more twist in the road. I've been faced with challenges before, and the saints be praised, I'm still standing. And, I won't rest until I finish what I started, certainties notwithstanding. As Pliny the Elder once wrote... "In these matters, the only certainty is that there is nothing certain..."

I couldn't have put it better myself... Jerry, aka hairwing530