View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:57 PM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommendations for a 1 wt.

Thanks for all of the input.

At the end of the day; which was yesterday, I decided to go with a 2 wt glass rod. I've always liked the feel of glass for fishing smaller trout.

I went to an Expo up in York, ME yesterday and cast 2 Hardy rods; the Aln (90% glass / 10% carbon fiber) and the Classic Lightweight (Flyweight) (10% glass / 90% carbon fiber) and the Scott rod. Of the 3, the Scott just seemed so right; in close at 5'. and out there at 35'. So, that's where I ended up.

I paired it with a Hardy Flyweight reel, DT2F line, a 6' furled leader from Joni and it's hitting the water with me tomorrow on the East Meadow River in Haverhill, MA.

Let's hope there's some action on this freshly thawed stream.

Pocono