View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 05:09 PM

tpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura abouttpo has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Long story about these flies. I was in New York last week on vacation with the family. The wife and daughter went to some shows and art museums; I enjoyed the food, and, er, looked for fly shops.... OK, I didn't look too hard but did stop at the Orvis on 5th Avenue. I had seen these flies on their website and really liked the look, but seeing them in the store inspired me to tie a few variations, photos here. Pretty basic poppers with a yellow belly but an interesting mixed yellow and olive main body, which I wanted to give a try. The version the store carried looked like a Taps Bug with a short, simply tail; I tied one like that, then I tied a mid-sized popper with a larger, busier tail with a lot of rubber legs, which is more like my normal bass bugs. Both of these are tied on Mustad 3366 hooks in size 1/0. Thought you might be interested in seeing them, sorry for the weak photo's, my camera and photography skills leave something to be desired.

Click the image to open in full size.
Click the image to open in full size.

Tom