I have a lot on my mind so I worked on my rod to help take my mind of some of it! I took the advice of a fellow rod builder and made an insert to match the winding check. It's far from perfect but it is the best I could do with the tools I have. I also made another winding check out of a piece of Ebony. I really liked it but with the burled insert I went with the first one I made. I epoxied the grips, seat and check on last night and did the wrap at the winding check today. I also did a simple feather inlay. Nothing fancy and the feathers are not the best but they were what I had and I am happy with how they look for my first rod. I can see the end of this building is nearing an end and I can't wait to get it finished and get out on the water.