Thread: Worm problem!
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:52 PM

stewart711 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Worm problem!

Hello All

To Williamhj, I consider it a small area, and all action will slow after about an hour of heavy carnage. From what I see these guys march up making more noise and waves than a battle ship, throw in a piece of magic and will catch within minutes of the cast. It amazes me, who takes about 10 minutes to advance 20ft.

To others. I called the DEC a while back, while stocked, anything you want to do is legal in the tidal part, corn; canned, frozen or popped, open all year, no license required. You can use double treble hook lures that tear the eyes, throats and lips off and out of the fish. While keeping brookies is not allowed anymore effective this year all you have to do is say is "Sorry! I thought they were browns." The only thing you can't do in the river is pee, poop or throw fish entrails within 200 ft of the banks (the first of which I do).

Anyway, I appreciate all your jokes about NY and the wormer/bait fishermen. I learned right away that the majority of them are not fishing with the heart and soul that a fly guy does.

I googled fishing with san juan worms and ended up back here on a good thread about it. I'll take your above advice and that of the old thread and give it a go. While I consider it to be the low end of our type of fishing, I'm going to try to use them for these times.

I am amazed at you guyz's knowledge of this river and the other rivers around me. If any of you are ever nearby, give a shout and I'll get you fishing.

Thanks again for the help, Stewart

Last edited by stewart711; 04-03-2013 at 06:54 PM. Reason: typos