View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 07:54 PM

Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: three forks 4wt 8' line replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by peggerk View Post
Hi
I'm wanting to replace the line on my reel. I have the three forks prestige plus 4wt 8' combo.
I trout fish in small streams and also fish small bass and big bluegills in ponds with poppers.
Anybody have any tips. I'm new to the forum and hope you will help me.
thanks,
peg
Welcome Peg,
Combos are great deals for the most part, but in my opinion, the line next to the right fly is the most important part of fly fishing.
A fly line can make it effortless or a nightmare and I have used both.
I regretfully say, a really good line could cost close to the price of an entry level rod, but it is a good investment.
In a four weight, I recommend first the Sharkskin GPX. This line will amaze you at how easy it is to cast. Next there is the Orvis Superfine. A smaller diameter line, less wind resistance and super easy to mend. Rio Trout lines are a good choice as well.
Hope you enjoy the fly fishing as much as many here do. Nothing like it in the world to me.