View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:41 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Rod Love; the Fly Rod Picture Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiniwerfishin View Post
One of my newest builds...
Click the image to open in full size.
Great looking rig, wiwf! I handled some grips like that at the rod builders show and was wowed by how light weight they are. Being ready made they were a little expensive for what I had in mind. The maker had those grips in all sorts of colors and patterns. When I picked them up it struck me... candle sticks!
The colors and patterns were so cool I was going to buy some as candle sticks, mount the on some sort of base to give as gifts to my wife and others. The prices brought me back down to Earth. I would prefer grips like the one you have. That beast is way cool.
Have you fished the rig much yet? I wonder how that glossy finish feels and grips when sweaty or wet. I would hate to cast it right into the drink?

Have you ever reversed that Abel Arm or whatever it is holding your reel. By the balance point you're holding the rod at it looks to be a bit tip heavy. Moving the mass back will give that rig a whole new feel.

Thanks for the eye candy on this Easter evening.