View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 09:44 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Double Haul.... Won't.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by navycop10 View Post
Plus, slicker line would really help. This is even hard to strip in sometimes as it feels like it is grabbing the guides....
That right there is fixable right away. You clearly need to clean and slick the line. I run it through a wet paper towel till I stop getting crud off of it. I then run some kind of line slick on it. Most of the time I use STP Son of a Gun on a paper towel. Run it thorough one way making sure you get it on all the way, and then run it back through the other way. I do this pretty often. You will notice a drastic improvement right away.

As far as up lining goes, you may or may not need to do that. Big flies are harder to cast. On smaller rods it's even harder. Between the dirty line and the big fly, you may have ID'd a lot of your trouble right there.