View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 08:42 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newby View Post
Just finished this one. Perhaps the prettiest fly I have EVER tied. To me this fly represents progress. I'm right at one year of tying flies.

Click the image to open in full size.
That's a wonderful looking fly newly. Very, very well done. To say that's progress is an understatement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartpengs View Post
Thanks guys. I've not thought about doing an SBS if I'm honest. Maybe something for the future.

There's a few ways to cloak a dabbler, all of which give slightly different end results. Personally I tie it 'bottom then top'. Cut a piece of bronze mallard, about 10mm, fold it in half and tie it in to the back/underside quarter and allow it to roll around. Then do the same for the front/top quarter. Don't tie it in too tight at first, just a few loops to hold it, that will allow you to nudge the mallard about with your thumb until you're happy with it.
Add me to the list of those interested in a SBS of your dabblers. I've been admiring them since you started sharing them with us!