View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:09 AM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Any experience with Orvis Helios / Hardy Sintrix??

Quote:
Originally Posted by moucheur2003 View Post
My understanding is that Orvis will retire the original ZG Helios models gradually as they introduce the equivalent new Helios 2 models. They are still in the middle of the changeover, with some H2 models already on the market and others not yet released. But yes, the gold ZG Helios reel seats are being replaced by "black nickel" reel seats in the H2 models. So if you want a gold reel seat, buy an original ZG Helios rod while supplies last.
Hello,

THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS!!

I will wait until I am in the USA in October, so that I will get the chance to check the Orvis rods by myself. I hope that Orvis will also manufacture a 3 wt. Helios 2 rod. The argument with the shiny golden finish is not uninteresting and so I would also take the black finish. Yesterday evening I searched a little bit in the internet and I found on the website of RST (German manufacturer) an interessting rod:

New RST M3 delight, the carbon bamboo fly rod | RST-Fishing

The manufacturing plant is close to a customer of mine and I will get a chance to visit the company in June.

THORSTEN