View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:30 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Amazing how fishing makes everything better

Congratulations on a great day on the water and a new fishing buddy of sorts! When I was younger I used to measure my success on # of fish caught and to some extent I guess I still do. However, being outside, enjoying nature, away from the every day routine is what I focus on more and more these days. Escaping everything that keeps you on edge or up at night is what I cherish most about being out there with a fly in the water. That and time spent with good company anyway. A fine cigar always makes the day better

Getting out there and fishing is a good way to learn, but what's also important is that you are doing your part when you're not fishing. Reading and learning are key. Otherwise, you're likely to repeat the same things you're doing now when you're out there. A well seasoned fishing buddy should help you out immensely too!