View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:16 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Define a "Technical Rod"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
I employ this term, technical presentation... .
as do we all in varying forms and usually not so eloqently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetandsalt View Post
That, my forum friends, is technical technique and tactics.
I'm not so sure that answer defined a technical rod.
On your subject though, I find myself when not on Henrys Fork or a tailwater or a nice, slick clear section of the Ausable or Manistee creating technical presentations to the harder fish in lieu of the easy pickin's. Quite gratifying that.

As to what defines a technical rod; it's a rod that took some deep thought, practical history and design engineering to make it something that both comes alive in your hands yet becomes an extension of your brain and arm. Any rod that is part of a seamless connection between sight and fly placement is a technical rod. A rod that is able to do that is a huge part of being able to do what s&s described above and a huge part in the enjoyment one gets by having technical rods (though that term is rather cold and lifeless in my eyes)