View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:27 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Lamson-Waterworks drag question?

I use the 3.5 for musky and pike and for the salt. The reel has many years and miles on it as well as many trips chasing salty species and has yet to let me down in any way, shape or form. I never even had a line tumble from being on such a wide spools, one of which is mounted with gel spun backing and most salt species will show you the backing in no time.
I wish I could help on the question of drag size but the 3.5 drag never failed me and seemed to have more than enough stopping power for albies and other species like that. Pike and musky have different demands on the drag becase with them it seems to be brute strength combined with spurts of speed where the salt demands a whole lot of both.
I use the 3.5 on a 9 weight and it works for me.

Rinse off all of your stuff from flies to reels after playing in the salt.