View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 12:49 PM

osok will become famous soon enoughosok will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving from Chicago to Houston, Help!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck s View Post
Good advice above--esp the kayak fishing. I've been here in Port O'Connor for over a month now and nada as far as seeing any Reds or Sea Trout goes, but and it's a huge but, I'm shorebound to the few miles of shoreline, much of it mucky, between here, Seadrift and Port LaVaca. I'm not at all sure whether the fish are fished out or, the bay temps are too low, or the fish are all concentrated out along the barrier islands. Since I do see boats coming in with big Reds, Sea Trout and Drum, I suspect they are staying out along Matagorda Island, reachable by kayak!
Patrick and Chuck:
Get Hook-N-Line maps to find areas to access along the Texas coast. They show areas for wading, kayaking and or power boating. If you kayak you will have a whole new world available to you vs. wading.
Hook-N-Line maps are sold at Academy, Fishing Tackle Unlimited and many other places. For best detail get one with just the area you want to concentrate in.
Go to Fishing Maps for Texas, California, and Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma: Welcome to the Hook-N-Line website