View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 04:25 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Feather Craft Furled Leaders

Quote:
Originally Posted by custompolz View Post
I am told that the main concern about furled leaders is the rooster spray when the line is lifted from the water -- and -- that the FC leaders limit this problem.
I just looked at the Feather Craft site and they said this; "They land like a feather, and no "rooster tail" when you lift it off the water." It sounds to me like they are saying furled leaders [of any variety] reduce this. I guess I can see where the irregular surface of a furled leader might do this, but I have not really seen this as a problem with any leader, furled or not. Where did you hear that the main concern about furled leaders is the rooster spray when the line is lifted from the water?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi_trouter View Post
Are you mistaking a furled leader with a braided leader? Braided leaders do have a spray.
I have never used a braided leader. Are they sold anywhere or is this a DIY thing?