View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default This Is The Second Rod I Picked Up At Years End 2012;

I have a 15' #10/11 that I have not used enough in this same line. I'll blame the lack of river hours on the poor runs last year and that darn 1981 Hardy I toted around all season The # 10/11 is such a powerful rod that I became intrigued with the notion or curiosity might better describe it, of what a lighter line weight might fish like.

I managed this, an unused old stock Winston rated line 7/8.
Click the image to open in full size.

As per the other rod I have, the workmanship from Winston is impeccable.

The fact that the butt cap has no marks or scuffs at all was testament to the rods new condition. You gotta wonder when the rod you are buying is 11 - 12 years old and sold as 'new / unused' but I'm satisfied I got a good deal here.

To top off the outfit a friend at Mountain View Sports in Anchorage sold me an unused circa 1999 Orvis Vortex 9/10 reel that was also made in the good old USA to match up with the rod. I lined it out with a Delta Tactical long belly and am ready to get the line wet.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;