View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: This Is The Second Rod I Picked Up At Years End 2012;

Hi Jaybo,

That line of rods has a deep traditional action suited to long or mid belly lines. based on the 15' 10/11 loading up with the whole 65' RIO mid Spey line out the tip and hurling casts all the way across the Talkeetna last year I expect this rod to be pretty cool to fish with. I'm hoping for a slightly lighter outfit (the big rod & reel weighs about 2.2 pounds) and still having plenty of power to sail flies in the size 2-4-6 range to mid channel without me working up a sweat.

I'm all Spey rodded out now............... Unless I like that new Hardy, they have bigger nicer ones called the Artisan series These are the ones made in England by one builder each rod. Fancy grips and all the fluff..........

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;