View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 06:51 PM

Shane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the roughShane Stroud is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Finest Reels you can Ill Afford NOT to buy

I suppose I didn't explain that well enough. I liked the look of the "wrong" reel much more than the one I thought I was getting. So, no, I didn't feel the need to contact John about it. In hind sight, I probably should have called him anyway, just so he could inspect his inventory. Other people might not appreciate a surprise like that.

Aside from the knob, which took about ten seconds to fix, other people had already mentioned the lack of instructions, tools, etc. I knew that was the case before I bought it, so it was not a problem for me. Besides, I'm an engineer. I'm pretty good at taking things apart and putting them back together. And most of them usually work afterwards.

In short, it's a good reel for the money. Only time will tell if it holds up, but it has done a great job so far.