View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:25 PM

planettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant futureplanettrout has a brilliant future
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Love the fly... I tie a small pink larva as well, but at the risk of exposing myself as a major bug nerd... isn't it the Glossosoma species that have these peculiar pink larva?
I am playing around with PINK for an emerging Hydropsyche...this is Walter Weise's (Park's Fly Shop) Pink Clacka Caddis:

Parks' Fly Shop New Flies for 2013

Craig Matthews developed a Glossosoma that uses small, twisted black and red Ultra wire to give it an orange-ish effect, covered by a White Zelon bubble...and it really works great...

Click the image to open in full size.

Ralph Cutter discusses the Glossosoma here:

California School of Flyfishing, Nevada City and Truckee, CA > Entomology > Glossosoma Caddisflies

The design of the DNA DIP is based on the BRF Guide Seredipity which imitates the Brachycentrus (Grannom) or Mother's Day hatch .

Click the image to open in full size.

GUIDE SERENDIPITY...

For that one, I use Chartreuse DNA Holo Fusion, ribbed with black Ice Thread...It SLAYS...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/