View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 02:25 PM

planettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud ofplanettrout has much to be proud of
Default Re: What have you been tying today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Love the fly... I tie a small pink larva as well, but at the risk of exposing myself as a major bug nerd... isn't it the Glossosoma species that have these peculiar pink larva?
I am playing around with PINK for an emerging Hydropsyche...this is Walter Weise's (Park's Fly Shop) Pink Clacka Caddis:

Parks' Fly Shop New Flies for 2013

Craig Matthews developed a Glossosoma that uses small, twisted black and red Ultra wire to give it an orange-ish effect, covered by a White Zelon bubble...and it really works great...

Click the image to open in full size.

Ralph Cutter discusses the Glossosoma here:

California School of Flyfishing, Nevada City and Truckee, CA > Entomology > Glossosoma Caddisflies

The design of the DNA DIP is based on the BRF Guide Seredipity which imitates the Brachycentrus (Grannom) or Mother's Day hatch .

Click the image to open in full size.

GUIDE SERENDIPITY...

For that one, I use Chartreuse DNA Holo Fusion, ribbed with black Ice Thread...It SLAYS...

PT/TB

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/