Thread: Who wants to...
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 03:43 PM

petee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to beholdpetee is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who wants to...

Details, we need build details. Each custom builder has their own style. Mine, for example, is more of a traditional older school style. As I tell customers I don't do loud Nascar or the Bass Pro circuit colors. Don't do weaves, checkerboard handles or feather inlays. Not a single thing wrong with them, they just don't fit my own personal style. Hence the need for details before a builder might offer up their services. We each have our own comfort level where we do our best work.

If you go with silk on a black blank like the "One" expect it to disappear without Color Preserver. Then if you go with CP you might as well go with an NCP thread. With a black blank about the only place the thread would show up without CP is on the guide feet. <----- Personal Opinion

Example of what I mean by different styles. To me this is what I would consider traditional Sorry for pic, the rod isn't completely finished yet.

Pete

Click the image to open in full size.