View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 06:43 PM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Fishin Buddy 2255 NEED MANUAL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanceinak View Post
Anyone use this model? What did you think of it?
Those are 2255's standing inside of the Buck's Bullets ( left & right ).

Click the image to open in full size.

Those two units are now 13 or 14 years old and still ticking. Take the batteries out of them when not in use. Don't invert them when they first come out of the water. Don't let the transducers get bashed on rocks, etc. and if it's working today, it should be working for years.

I've used them on my pram, Jon, pontoons and the float tubes. For me, they are as indispensable for tracking down and staying on top of land-locked Stripers and their prey ( balls of baitfish ) as Polaroid glasses are to an angler. Most will tell you they're at their best locating structure and cover...and they are. But for us 0-dark thirty Striper guys, who have to walk our gear in, in the dark, for first light launches - these things really shine. I've called my shots with the side finder, many - many times.
Your mileage will vary with the species ( size of target ), location and confidence level.

Some friendly advice, put batteries in it. Mount it properly and turn it on - then leave the basic settings alone ( for an outing or two ). Sure, go ahead and work through the different screens and display functions, but don't try to " re-tune the sensitivity / gain, etc. "
Those factory settings were programmed by the folks who designed it and they know a whole lot more about what's likely going to work for most situations than most first time users.

Good luck, TT