View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 08:48 AM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Re: Eat that fish, or release it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by plland View Post

My friends often question me after a fishing trip, when I show them a picture of a pretty little brookie or a big lunker brown trout: So did you eat that one? They are often amazed or confused when I say that I released it. But those trout are tasty, they'll offer.
I get the same responses, mostly from friends that don't fish. I'm not opposed to people taking/eating fish, personally speaking - having tried them a few times over the years - I just don't like the taste of stream trout all that much. I'm 100% C&R with respect to fly-fishing.

Ice fishing on the other hand... well, that's fish fry season in our house. I like to chase up panfish ('gills, perch, crappie, white bass) and they eventually find their way onto the fillet board.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring