Thread: Bass Fly Help
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM

stl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud ofstl_geoff has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bass Fly Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by corb90 View Post
HA! Funny you should say that as I have gotten interested in carping lately and am trying to find out how and where to do so near missouri. For my 7wt I am going to be purchasing a new allen reel. I really like the looks of the trout 2 but am curious if the larger size reel would be big enough for a 7 wt? Any input on this topic would help, if not I'll just go with the alpha when I save my pennies!
There are carp all over here. Finding them when they are feeding can be tricky.

I have a trout II and a trout I, and the trout I is on a 6/7 weight rod, its alittle on the small side, i only have 67 yards of backing on it, which is enough but it would probabaly only be 50 with a 7wt taper on it. The drag on the Trout II is stellar though, you wont be disappointed.

The Alpha is also nice, I have a few of those and wouldnt mind another if the right color comes out.

In your previous posts in reguard to line weights, dont overline that Ross. I find that mine likes being lined with what the rod was labeled. Rio Gold is good line and not horribly expensive, the Prestige plus line is less then good in my book. it works but the premuim lines cast much better. You could also try out Allen's ATS line, it seems to be pretty good and with talking to people its somewhere between the cabelas brand and the high end stuff.

i need to get out and get the to the smallies this year, I really need to make that happen.

Storm Drain Bonefisher