View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 11:32 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eat that fish, or release it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joebloe View Post
The Connecticut Fish & Wildlife's facebook page recently posted a pic of a guy with huge pike - the pic is obviously taken in the tackle shop - the fish was obviously not released - the comments on this photo are interesting to say the
least - things like "too bad it will never spawn again" and " why would you release and not keep this or any fish that you 'tortured' to the shore with a hook in it's face" and the moderator explaining that the fish was legally caught and kept along with some background on the fisherman.

https://www.facebook.com/CTFishAndWi...ref=ts&fref=ts
My fishing partner works in that shop (Sundays) and I can tell you that their clientele is "diverse" to say the least. You'll see cops and "gang-bangers" in there talking fishin' together like they were the best of friends.
Gary B isn't the moderator, he's the shop owner and when he says that the guy holding that pike fishes for food, believe me he knows what he's talking about. Before that shop moved to it's present location (across from Wethersfield PD) they were in the Hartford south end and many if not most of their costumers were the city's poor and all fished for food.

That's a nice pike though and right now is the time to go for them.
They're staging on shoals near their spawning areas in the river waiting for the annual spring flood that will open up the marshes where they do their thing.