Thread: 10 and 12 wt
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 12:48 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 10 and 12 wt

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybum101 View Post
never done any saltwater fly fishing got 7-8-9 wt rods figure that cover and i'm hoping to get to use them reds ,strips , drums , blues , and false albies snook, and figuring need at least a 10wt for teen tarpon and i'm guessing bigger if ever got to tackle large tarpon my dream would be to get to fish for gt's also if work don't pick up just gonna be casting in yard . selling off my new shooter bows and target sights to buy saltwater gear inhopes my dream come true so if anybody needs new bow looking for nice reels and rods
There are so many good rods from all the major players in the industry. I suggest that you cast what you can. Like any rod, it has to feel comfortable for you to cast all day. It also has to be accurate at any distance. It also has to have the ability to handle the stresses from big fish.

Of all the 10 and 12 weights that I have cast, I am partial to Hardy ProAxis, Sage Xi3, and Scott S4s rods. I have not cast a G Loomis NRX or the new Orvis Helios 2, but I have heard good things about them.

Dennis