View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM

wishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enoughwishiniwerfishin will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 9-12 wt what your pick and why

My first choice for any size reel is Abel, no need for an explanation... Their reputation speaks for itself. And just like others have said, Tibor, Nautilus, Hatch, and Galvan are all good choices too. But the one reel you don't hear to much about on this forum is the Colton Torrent, it's a friggin' beast! I have a Torrent in the 9/11 size and it's more like a 11/13 reel. Right now I have it spooled with an Outbound 10I line and 300yds of 50lb power pro and it has enough space for atleast another 200, maybe 300 yds. The drag is basicaly the same design as a Ross BG but with better drag material and the drag parts are all stainless. They come stock with 12lbs of drag capbility but it's noted they can be modified at the factory to produce 18lb of pressure and it's very smooth, both start up and while pulling. The frame/spool porting looks like a cross between a Mako and a Tibor(not all nice and polished up though) so they're easy to look at. For the price I don't think there's a reel that compairs when it comes to big game reels. Plus they're made here in the USA, and you call Colton the own/designer himself will answer any questions you wat to ask.