View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:03 PM

fly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to beholdfly_guy12955 is a splendid one to behold
Default OK, don't laugh,,,

Today ,,,I received my 32 dollar glass Eagle Claw,,I had ordered,,if for not other reason than nostalgia. A yellow Eagle Claw was the first thing I ever bought with my own money I earned working. I guess I was about 12,,and had helped put up hay. Got a few dollars and wanted a fly rod.

It's rated for a 5/6 line,,and I put a reel with 5wt WF on it and yard cast some this evening. The rod is not that bad,,pretty decent,,I'd rate it myself as about a mid'flex.

Even thought it's not hi tech glass,,and it's a cheap rod,,,it's still not ugly either. The cork is very decent,,the rod is straight. I'm a weird creature anyways, I can see myself fishing with this a good bit,,to prove to me again and again,,that it's ME that catches fish,,, more-so than the equipment. But, I do love equipment,,,go figure !

In any event, it's been a blast playing with the mighty 32 dollar Eagle Claw this evening !

Michael