View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 10:21 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future
Default Re: Finally Got'r Done! Ordered NFO Challenger

Nice catch FlyBum! You have miles of smiles ahead of you!

Since you brought Scadden up, I was just looking at a fat new fly fishing catalog that came in the mail today that had NFO boats in it.
At first I noticed the frame on the Outlaw X5 looked just like my Skykomish frame so that got me to wondering if it is and what the benefits are of the Outlaw hull when compared to the Skykomish's? Anybody?
I know a couple people here who have used both.

Also the ad in the catalog said to mount the frame on the Outlaw backwards and then you can mount an outboard on it. I'm thinking that is because the Outlaw really doesn't have the space in the rear to let an outboard hang down. Is that the reason they flip the frame? I never thought of mounting the frame backwards on the Sky and wonder if there's any reason to try it.

Hopefully I can get the answers from the throngs of people here. If not I'll have to bother Dave or Larry I reckon.