View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 AM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: One piece. Fly rod

I was going to report ...and am anyway, that Tim Rajeff just introduced one piece versions of his terrific ECHO rods at a more modest price. Don't anyone kid yourselves; we are not talking clunker ferrule issues here we are dealing with rod designers fulfilling their fantasy of formulating a taper without having to take ferrules into consideration at all, even very slim unobtrusive ones. Comparing the Hardy Zenith 8'10"/#4 to the two 4-pc. versions, 9' and the 8 1/2' that I own, it was immediately evident in side by side comparison that it was significantly superior. OK, I am a rod nut but I am getting this rod and transporting its 9' tube via wagon to my home rivers...I'll continue to suffer with my 8 1/2'/#4 4-pc. version when traveling by plane. Oh well. I am told that in the saltwater sizes the one-piece Proaxis are stunningly good...I suppose a #9 for Montauk might be in my future.

---------- Post added at 06:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 AM ----------

What rods did you wind up getting and where do you fish?