View Single Post
Old 04-04-2013, 01:49 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Is it really worth it ?

Dabluz, Perhaps you are answering your own question in that you are particular about and sensitive to the performance and versatility you are seeking from your rods, guitars, etc. Your perception of quality is, as it should be, independent of purchase price. Many would concur that a Honda or Subaru is more dependable than and parts are more readily available than a far more costly and exotic Maserati. For sure there is the possibility/probability that the exotic car or Sage rod will be faster and increase your casting distance...likely though you cast far enough already. Not knowing anything about where you fish and to what degree you travel to varying habitats, none of us can ascertain what rods' specialized attributes "are worth it". From my perspective there are some very fine performing and well constructed rods available at modest cost and some premium priced rods whose taper designs I don't care for. I will say though, and this is no surprise to any of us, that the combination of superior performance, finest most advanced materials and most elegant workmanship rarely comes cheap. So, if one covets the work of an elite rod designer working in an established rod crafting shop like Sage, Loomis, Scott, T&T, Orvis, etc. it is the individuals decision, upon performing his research and comparative analysis as to the relative value of cost to craftsmanship to performance that you can discern and utilize.