View Single Post
Old 04-23-2009, 08:26 PM

pszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to beholdpszy22 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Orvis T3 vs Superfine

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyflycaster View Post

I heard the new superfines are much faster.

Randy
I've been fishing an Orvis Superfine 1 wt almost exclusively for the past 12 or so years. I literally wore out the first 1wt I owned, after 100s (maybe 1000s) of hours and 1000s of fish caught. It was one of the original unsanded versions. It was replaced, without question, with the then current sanded 2 piece 1 wt. That rod was noticeably faster than the original. I see that the current model is now a 4 piece. I'm guessing it might be a little faster yet.

The original rod I owned was by far my favorite, wish I still had it, but then, the only way that would happen was to have fished a whole lot less.

I guess the other thing that I find a bit amazing is the price inflation. Of course some of that is probably a result of the no quibble replacement policy Orvis has.

Tenkara Fly Fishing

Tenkara Fly Fishing Forum

Tenkara Fly Fishing Blog

"People tend to get the politicians and the fishing tackle they deserve" - John Gierach, Fishing Bamboo