Thread: fly lines
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 09:16 AM

swirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond reputeswirlchaser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: fly lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfzx View Post
I'll add my +1 to the ranks that like the Rio Outbound Short lines. I use the OB line in WF-8-F Tropical for Redfish in Louisiana, and have no complaint s at all. It loads the rod quickly, and shoots very well. We also like the SA Textured Mastery Titan Taper, and I will give it a slight edge over the RIO line. I think the "textured" finish makes it shoot just a hair better. In June I will be testing the Wulff Bermuda Shorts line. It has even a shorter head than the Rio or SA. Just in case it doesn't perform as well, I'll have a couple of extra spools loaded with the SA and Rio lines.
Homer, did you find you needed the Tropical line? I'm going down to LA in November for Redfish. Won't be very hot and I'd rather order the cold water line so I can use it up here.