View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 12:52 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need help getting set up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeterson View Post
Thanks for the answers! I will probably just get an employee to put the line and backing on for me although I would have rathered not for future purposes but I guess I can learn then.
It is very time consuming to crank backing on. Fortunately I have access to a commercial line winder. In your case, you do not.

When you go to the shop, ask the sales guy how he estimates line backing. I can explain it, but it's rather easy if you see it done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpeterson View Post
One more question... How do you tie your leaders and do you just use mono fishing line?
You can buy tapered leaders if you wish. If I feel like tying your own leaders, Ditz's suggestion is very basic and works.

If I feel like tying my own LMB leader, it is usually 4 feet 40 pound test, 2 feet 25 pound test, 2 feet 16 pound test. I use double Nail Knots jammed together. The butt end has a Perfection Loop on the end for a quick leader change with the fly line. It helps having a Tie Fast Knot Tyer for making the Nail Knots.

Dennis