View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Reel Love; the Fly Reel Picture Thread

I've had this reel for quite some time but never took my own pictures of it. Still feeling a bit lazy about breaking out the camera and tripod for pictures, but I do have those provided to me by the seller last year.

I have an old Martin MG-3 that I inherited from a good friend who passed away in 1992. The reel bears every scar that Charlie gave to it and I use it very infrequently. I had thought for some time that I would like another which did not have the boat rash of my first.

After a couple years of looking about I found one sold in 1980 and provided with the original sale receipt, an extra spool, and a leather pouch for safe transport.

Click the image to open in full size.

Although the pictures are not exactly artsy, they do show the pristine condition of the reel and were enough to prompt me to pay a tad over 3 times what the set sold for in 1980

It is my belief that these reels are equal to the Hardy Featherweight's in vintage or classic appeal and they have a very good drag system built into them, made in Mohawk NY. of course. I know I don't need it but one day I'll find or build a little fiberglass rod for a 3/4 weight line and use the reel............. Why a salmon fisherman who uses Spey rods did this I do not know

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;