View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 09:33 AM

moucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the roughmoucheur2003 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Custom Sage Eddie Bauer Limited Edition LL 590-3

When I was a kid Land's End, Eddie Bauer and LL Bean were similar companies, specializing in outdoor outfitting gear by mail order catalog. Then they all expanded their clothing business in the 1980's, but of the 3 only Bean continued to keep its outfitting business seriously viable.

I remember maybe 10-20 years ago Eddie Bauer went through a brief stage where they tried to revive their mail-order outdoor sports outfitting business along the lines of LL Bean or Orvis. I was pretty surprised when an Eddie Bauer fly-fishing catalog showed up in the mail one day. (Probably some marketing genius in HQ saw "the movie" and thought he smelled opportunity.) I am guessing there must have been a custom batch run of Bauer-branded Sage LL's produced for that effort. Apparently it wasn't successful because it didn't last very long. If you go to their website today, they have a sports department but it only has a few fanny packs and hats and such.