View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 04:59 PM

sweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud ofsweetandsalt has much to be proud of
Default Re: One piece. Fly rod

A 4-pc. rod is built on 4 separate mandrels...a one-piece (duh) on one. Ferrules are much better than they were making the convenience of 4-pc. rods viable quality alternatives to 2-pc. I liked 3-pc. when they were sort of popular (Diamondback Stu Apte rods, Redington Nti's and early EXS's...try a Sage 3-pc. SP+ sometime...). But NO ferrules?, this is a rod designers delight. There is no compensating for the even small dead spots, no loosening and breakage due to loosening...just a continuous, uninterupted flow of pure taper design! Yes, one-piece rods are really only PRACTICAL for a guy with a boat, rod rack overlooking home pool, etc. I fish some 2-pc. rods by car, by plane I use mostly 4-pc. now but a few 3-pc. still might go with me but I want the Zenith one-pc. #4 because it is spectacular!