View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 05:30 PM

sweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant futuresweetandsalt has a brilliant future
Default Re: Custom Sage Eddie Bauer Limited Edition LL 590-3

I actually had an Eddie Bauer goose down slepping bag at one point some time back. When the old company attempted to expand into company owned retail stores they did indeed, in select locations, feature a fly fishing department. The Sage rods they sold where made by Sage in exactly the same models for Bauer...mostly RPL's. This drove Orvis crazy! Like most carbon rods, these are not "collectible" unless you are a Bauer fanatic (they did make the best chamois shirts) but where, like the Sage rods of that day, the most advanced rods of their time. If you think this branding connection is weird, think about Abercrombie & Fitch...my daughter wears some of their hip logo clothing and all I can think about is (real) elephant foot waste paper baskets (eh gad) next to Abercrombie branded Payne rods and wedding cake Fin-Nors.