View Single Post
Old 04-07-2013, 10:33 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clouser Minnow for trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly505 View Post
Nice!! Gonna hve to tie up some that represent small browns and rainbows for sure, got a great sculpin pattern that I've had success with...Sculpzilla. Thanks for the suggestions! Would you tie with brass eyes or bead chain for small to medium sized rivers?
Sculpzilla is one of my regulars in the fly box.

As for brass or bead chain? Both. Actually I use a lot of lead. If you want the fly bumpin' bottom like a sculpin, you need to put some serious weight on the fly. If you want the fly to fluctuate a lot like a dace or a baby trout in the current, the lighter bead chain fly along with a slightly longer streamer leader (no more than 7 or 8 feet - normal streamer leaders for me are no longer than 5 feet) and sink tip line are recommended.

Dennis